Whether you’re a vegan, vegetarian or flexitarian, these plant-based Thanksgiving plays will keep you happy, healthy and full – as you should be!
Here at Savor, we think of Thanksgiving as an end and a beginning. The close of summer and its warm, lazy days. The start of fall, full of the wind’s energy and transformation. The end of vacation and the start of the school year… and a busy stretch at work.
Our favourite way to mark this time of change is – of course – to eat! We take every opportunity to get together with family and friends, grateful for the opportunity to connect and celebrate our many blessings together. You won’t be surprised that we love mixing up our holiday menus with plant-based options that are as delicious as they are satisfying. This is how we do it:
- Go global! Who says Thanksgiving menus are limited to traditional North American foods? How about some chipotle-roasted baby carrots and jicama, orange and watercress salad? Or sautéed parsnips with dates and harissa-spiced coconut yoghurt? Why not curry-roasted butternut squash and chickpeas? We’re getting hungry just thinking about it!
- Give thanks! Ask your guests to come prepared to share something they are grateful for – big or small. Start the meal with a go-around share, and close your sharing with a song or prayer like the non-denominational one below. Food, family and friends are so much sweeter with a heaping side of gratitude.
Welcome to our table
We all join hands together.
Earth who gives us this food.
Sun who makes it ripe and good.
Sun above and earth below,
Our loving thanks to you we show.
Blessings on our meal.
- Recreate Thanksgiving classics! Lucky for us, we’re living at a time where Torfurkeys are as easy to find as turkeys, and there are tons of plant-based center of the plate protein alternatives on the market that’ll deliver great taste and texture to your meal. Or you can mix things up a little: how about butternut squash “steaks” rubbed with Montreal Steak Spice? Or Pumpkin Spiced black bean brownies? Or cauliflower cutlets topped with cranberry sauce and stuffing.
- Take your time! Few of us have the luxury of being able to spend entire days in the kitchen preparing for a feast. Pace yourself and start preparing in the days ahead. Make a dish or two each night, enjoy the process of cooking… and enjoy your guests that much more on Thanksgiving day.
- Get help! Let’s face it: preparing your home for guests can be more than enough stress. If you don’t have the time or energy to cook, plant-based prepared foods can be a lifesaver. Order our Harvest Balls with a side of our super tasty vegan gravy. The Harvest Balls are flash frozen and vacuum sealed in packages of 6, ready to pop in the oven for the vegan, vegetarians and flexitarians sitting at your Thanksgiving table. Pick up Oct. 3rd, 4th or 5th. Our Harvest Balls & Gravy combo pack are available for delivery with your regular order on Tuesday, October 3rd or available to Pickup in-store Oct. 3rd or 4th, anytime between 10 am & 4 pm.
Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy!