Order by July 11 by 11pm
Nutritional yeast is a highly nutritious vegan food product with various potential health benefits. It can be used to add extra protein, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to meals. Studies suggest that nutritional yeast may help protect against oxidative damage, lower cholesterol and boost immunity.
- It is a complete protein: Nutritional yeast contains all nine essential amino acids that humans must get from food. One tablespoon contains 2 grams of protein, making it an easy way to add high-quality protein to meals.
- It contains many B vitamins: One tablespoon of nutritional yeast contains 30–180% of the RDI for B vitamins. It is especially rich in thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6 and vitamin B12.
- It contains trace minerals: One tablespoon contains 2–30% of the RDI for trace minerals, such as zinc, selenium, manganese and molybdenum. Trace minerals are involved in gene regulation, metabolism, growth and immunity.
Nutritional yeast should be stored in a cool, dark place to preserve its vitamins. It should also be kept tightly sealed to keep moisture out. When properly stored, it can last up to two years.
Nutritional yeast is used in the following ways:
- Sprinkled over popcorn, pasta or salad
- Stirred into soups for an umami flavor
- As a “cheese” flavouring in vegan sauces
- As a thickener for soups and sauces
- Added to pet food for extra nutrients
100 g - 16 oz container